We insure 900,000 cars – welcome with your car!
- Top-class customer service and claims handling – our customers give us an average rating of 9 out of 10 for our claims handling and 9 out of 10 are satisfied with our customer service.
- Labeled with Good Environmental Choice – The insurance for your car is labeled with the Nature Conservation Association’s Good Environmental Choice – one of the world’s toughest environmental labels.
- You can get many nice discounts – 10% discount if you also have your home with us, in addition, extra discount with several cars and if you drive an environmentally friendly car.
How do I find the best car insurance?
Depending on the type of car and how it is to be used, there are different car insurance policies to choose from. Different car insurances cost different amounts, but instead of choosing only based on price, it is even more important to know what the insurance actually covers.
You often do yourself a disservice if you decide to just go for the cheapest price. It may happen that you then miss important parts of the insurance’s terms and conditions that you have a particular need for. Different insurance companies have different add-ons where some may or may not be included, depending on the policy you take out. Being aware of your own needs is important for you to find the insurance that suits you best.
If you are going to buy a car, it is beneficial to compare insurance policies in advance so that you are prepared when you buy your car. It can also be extra beneficial if you were to buy your car and take out new car insurance on a holiday. The insurance offices’ customer service may be closed during weekends and public holidays, and it may be more difficult to get hold of an agent to get answers to your questions. If you already know which car insurance you want to take out, you can do it easily at Gjensidige.se. You can choose when you want the insurance to take effect, from the same day up to 364 days in the future.
Which car insurance is best for me?
If you own a car that must be registered, it is a statutory requirement that you have at least road insurance for your car. Traffic insurance applies to personal injuries and damage to other people’s property that may occur in the event of an accident with the car. You are therefore not allowed to drive the car before you have taken out such insurance.
With traffic insurance, however, you will not be reimbursed for the damages that may occur to your own vehicle. You are also not reimbursed for other property that belongs to you or that was transported in the car. In order to also cover these damages, half or full insurance is needed.
Questions you can ask yourself when choosing car insurance are, for example:
- Will the car be driven often?
- How will the car be used?
- What possibility do I have to cover costs that arise if I do not have full or partial insurance?
Semi-insurance provides extended protection in case of damage while covering everything covered by motor insurance. What a half-insurance covers is eg theft, fire, glass, and machine damage. If you want even better protection, you should choose comprehensive insurance. Then all parts are included in the half insurance plus carriage damage; ie if the car body is damaged in the event of an accident or vandalism.