With the popularity of streaming services and gaming consoles, people are becoming more accustomed to using their televisions as their main entertainment source. If you’re looking to join the trend, then you’ll need to buy an Android TV.
The good news is that setting up an Android TV isn’t difficult, but there are a few steps that you need to follow in order to get it done properly. In this guide, we’ll walk you through all the steps needed to set up your Android TV so that you can enjoy watching movies and playing games on your big screen.
TV with HDMI port
About Android TV
The Android TV platform is built to be flexible and adaptable. This can make it a little tricky to set up at first, but once you get the hang of it, it’s easy.
The process of setting up an Android TV device depends on the type of TV you have. If you have a smart TV with built-in Google Assistant, the setup process will be very similar to what you’re used to with other Google devices like the Google Home or Pixel phone. If not, you’ll need to use a separate remote control or game controller and follow the instructions below.
If your TV doesn’t already have Assistant built in:
1. Connect your Android TV device to your Wi-Fi network
2. Open the Google Play Store app on your mobile device and search for “Google Play Services”
3. Follow the onscreen instructions to install
4. Once installed, open the Google Play Store app again and search for “Google Assistant.” Select this app when found
5. Follow the onscreen instructions to install
Steps to Setup Your Android TV Device with Remote Control
You can easily setup your android tv device with the help of these steps:
Step 1: Connecting Your Android TV Device With Remote Control
The first step is to connect your android tv device with remote control. To do so:
Step 2: Configuring Your Remote With The TV’s Settings Menu
Once you have connected your android tv device with remote control, you need to configure it using the tv’s settings menu so that both devices can communicate with each other perfectly
As you can see, the Android TV is a very powerful and useful device. It can be used for entertainment purposes as well as for business purposes. It is important to learn how to set up an Android TV with remote properly so that you can easily operate it whenever you want to.
The first thing that you have to do is find out if your Android TV supports Bluetooth or not. If it does, then you need to connect your remote with your TV using Bluetooth. However, if the device doesn’t support Bluetooth then there are other options available for connecting the remote with your android devices such as infrared or USB cable connection.
After all this has been done, it’s time to check out how your remote works on your android devices and make sure that everything works fine before proceeding further with the setup process.
If you’re looking to use an Android TV as your primary streaming device, you’ll want to set it up properly. Unlike other streaming devices, such as Roku or Apple TV, setting up an Android TV can be a bit more complicated.
The first thing you’ll need to do is connect the box to your Wi-Fi network. Once that’s done, you can start adding apps and other settings to your liking. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to do so:
1. Connecting Your Android TV
Connecting your Android TV requires an Ethernet cable or Wi-Fi connection so make sure both are available before starting. You can connect directly to your modem or router via Ethernet cable or connect wirelessly if they are close enough together.
2. Setting Up Your Google Account
After connecting to Wi-Fi, enter your Google account information (or create one) so that you can access all of the content available through Google Play Movies & TV and other services offered by YouTube Red subscription service (if applicable).
If you want to setup an android tv with remote, please follow the steps below:
1. Plug the HDMI cable into your TV.
2. Connect the power adapter to the Tv and plug it into a wall outlet.
3. Connect the other end of the power adapter to your Google Chromecast device, then plug it into a wall outlet.
4. If you want to connect your device to the internet with Wi-Fi, now is the time to do so. You can find instructions on how to do this on our support page here: https://www.androidcentral.com/how-to-set-up-wifi-connection-chromecast#section-step-8
5. Plug in your HDMI cable into your Chromecast device and run it out through an open port on your TV set top box or receiver device that has a HDMI port available for use by another input source device (like a DVD player).
Setting up a new Android TV is a simple, yet time-consuming process. You have to connect the device to your Wi-Fi network, connect it to your home theater system, and set up Google Assistant. If you’re tired of doing this every time you get a new smart TV, we have an easy solution for you.
There are several ways to setup an Android TV without using the remote control. Here are some of our favorites:
Google Home Setup
If you already own a Google Home, then all you need to do is follow these instructions:
Connect your Android TV to the same Wi-Fi network as your Google Home device.
Open the Google Home app on your phone or tablet and select More Settings > Set Up Device > Set Up Device Next To My Phone. Follow the onscreen instructions until the device is connected with your network.