Do you know Stephen Gilchrist Glover? Do you know a famous television personality in the United States? This person is also renowned as Steve O., But we need to discuss the steve-o age.
Yes, Steve is one of the entertainers and stunt masters in the country. Besides this, he has another identity that is, and he is a famous YouTuber. The actor is renowned for his series such as Jackass, Jackass 3D, Two, Jackass Forever and many other movies. He is also famous for his blockbuster series Wildboyz and Dr Steve O. Before knowing about steve-o age, we need to know about the early life of this famous person.
The early life of Steve O
Stephen was born in Wimbledon city, London. He was born on 13 June 1974. As per the recent calculation steve-o age is nearly 48 years old. Stephen’s mother’s name was Donna Gay Glover, a Canadian lady. But she had roots in England as well.
Stephen’s grandmother was a voice-over artist and announcer Wayne Howell. Due to this reason, Stephen always wanted to become an actor and performer. In childhood, his family moved to many countries like Brazil, Venezuela, and others. Stephen closely watched all the different cultures, giving him a comprehensive idea of the cultural perspectives.
Later he said in an interview that observing these people closely gave him a great idea of how people react and the nature of humans. And he used this method when he started acting and performing.
Steve could have been more brilliant in his studies. First, he got admission to the University of Miami. At this university, Steve studied the school of communications. But later, he dropped the idea of exploring communication. After one year, he was again admitted to the University of New Mexico. At this university, he studied for one year. Stephen graduated from the Ringling Brothers and Barnum and Bailey Clown College in 1997.
But unfortunately, he started work as a clown in the circus, and he started stunts in the circus. It gave him immense popularity, and he became one of the best members of the chaos.
For more blogs: Simpldos
Some Important facts about steve-o age
We can’t only discuss the age factor of this famous performer. But by discussing various things we can know the person very well. For this reason, we will give your all the information about Stephen brick by brick. It will provide you with a vast idea about steve-o age as well.
- Stephen Gilchrist Glover, better known by his stage name as Steve-O, was born to Richard Edward and Donna Gay Glover on June 13, 1974, in Wimbledon, London. He was born in London and raised in the United States, Canada, Brazil, and Venezuela. His father was a mix of English and American ancestry, while his mother was Canadian. He is a citizen of the USA, the UK, and Canada.
- At “Pepsi-Cola,” his father held a position in top management and served as the marketing president for the company in South America. Steve’s family relocated to Brazil when he was two years old. While in Brazil, Steve spoke Portuguese as his first language in addition to English, which was his native tongue.
- Along with his family, he moved to multiple places throughout his childhood. He lived in both the US and Venezuela. When he was nine years old, he quickly returned to England. Later, when he was twelve years old, he moved to Toronto, Canada. He was back in England a year later. He received his diploma from the American School of London.
- Moving around the world for nearly his entire childhood significantly impacted Steve. He was already fluent in several languages by the time he was in his teen years, including English, Spanish, and Portuguese.
- After high school, he enrolled in the “University of Miami” in the US. He had lost interest in academics by that time due to poor marks in the examination. He was naturally funny and looked out for situations to present his performances.
- Steve O made videos of him performing at flea markets and sent them to Jeff Tremaine, publisher of the publication “Big Brother,” for review. Steve was the first person Jeff suggested to MTV when he presented the “Jackass” concept.
- Steve performed dangerous stunts and risky acts on the show. When it debuted in October 2000, it immediately became popular. Three seasons and 25 episodes were recorded for the successful series. The series was top-rated despite being criticised for being “too deadly.”
- After the series’ broadcast concluded in 2002, “Paramount Pictures” bought the film rights to the show. The same year Jackass was released in the theatre. The movie was a blockbuster, and Steve’s name is much more well-known.
- He started his series, “Dr Steve-O,” in 2007. However, the show lasted only seven episodes and could have been more popular.
- He also made several minor appearances on reality TV programmes during the following few years, including “Love Island,” “America’s Next Top Model,” and “Dancing with the Stars.” He completed ninth in the 2009 “Dancing with the Stars.”
- Steve made a guest appearance on “Germany’s Next Top Model” in 2011, and the same year, he also made a cameo on “Minute to Win It” and “The Comedy Central Roast of Charlie Sheen.”
- He had made appearances in commercials over the years. He was appointed the brand ambassador for “Sneaux” footwear in 2005. The advertisement included him diving into the trash, getting bit by an alligator, and consuming spoiled milk.
- In 2008, he made a mixtape called “The Dumbest Asshole in Hip Hop.” The album included a bonus DVD and 11 singles. The album’s lyrics weren’t prevalent, and many people criticised the album and particularly the songs.
- In web series such as “The Slo Mo Guys,” “Game Grumps,” “Hot Ones,” and “Ultimate Expedition,” Steve has made a cameo. He appeared as a contestant on the show “The Jump” in 2014. Steve O was the ninth contestant to leave the competition.
- In his later days, Steve-O battled depression for a significant period. Later, he admitted that excessive use of cocaine was the main reason for his depression.
- According to his autobiography, “Professional Idiot: A Memoir,” he is a committed vegan.
- In January 2018, Steve publicly announced his engagement to Lux Wright, his longtime girlfriend. Earlier, he married Candy Jane Tucker and Brittany McGrew but divorced both times.