EPFO or Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation allows its employees to link their Universal Account Number (UAN) to their Aadhaar cards. Moreover, EPFO makes it mandatory for all the employees to link their UAN with aadhaar in order to continue receiving benefits. Employees cannot access EPF if they haven’t linked their Aadhaar cards with their UAN. Apart from that, employees can now access their PF accounts online. You can link your Aadhaar card to UAN by either visiting your nearest EPFO office or you can even do it online from the comfort of your home. You can use the official EPFO website or even the UMANG app to conduct an EPF aadhaar link.
Methods to Link Aadhaar Card
You can get your aadhaar card linked to UAN by either online or offline methods. Both the methods are as follows:
Several people might find it difficult to link their Aadhaar card with their UAN via the online method. Therefore, EPFO has made provisions to link the Aadhaar card via offline method. You can visit your nearest EPFO office and ask for the aadhaar linking application form. Fill in the application and submit it in the branch itself. The process is very simple and the steps involved in it are as follows:
- Visit your nearest EPFO branch
- Fill in the “Aadhaar Seeding Application” using your UAN and Aadhaar number along with other information
- Attach self attested copies of UAN, PAN and Aadhaar along with the application form
- Submit the form to the executive at the EPFO office
- Your Aadhaar card will be linked after verification of your EPF account. Moreover, you will receive a notification for the same on your registered mobile number.
The online process to link your Aadhaar card to UAN is simple and is as follows:
- Head over to the e-SEWA portal or the EPFO member’s home page
- Login using your UAN and password
- Under the “Manage” section click on the KYC option
- On the next page, click “Aadhaar” to link your EPF account
- Save your aadhaar number and other details
- You details will be verified from the UIDAI data when you hit the save button
- Once your KYC gets approved, you will see “Verified” against your Aadhaar details
- Your aadhaar card is now linked to your EPF account.
- Get Rivotril Online
The UMANG mobile application is another way by which you can link your aadhaar card to your EPF account. Unified Mobile Application for New-age Governance or the UMANG mobile application was launched by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology and the National e-Governance Division. With the help of this application you can claim your EPF online, link your Aadhaar card with UAN and take advantage of numerous other benefits that come along with it. Linking your Aadhaar card to UAN will automatically link your EPF account. The steps involved in linking your aadhaar card using the UMANG mobile application are as follows:
- Using MPIN or OTP, Login to the UMANG application
- Under “All Services” menu, select “EPFO”
- Select the Aadhaar seeding option from the “e-KYC Services” menu on the next screen
- Click on the “Get OTP” button after entering your UAN
- Enter the OTP received on your registered mobile number
- Fill in your Aadhaar information
- You will again receive an OTP on your registered mobile number
- Enter this OTP to verify the process
- Your aadhaar card will be successfully linked to your EPF account.
Checking if your Aadhaar Card is Linked to your EPF Account?
You can check your eaadhar link status with the help of the steps given below:
Visit the official EPFO portal
Login using your UAN and password
Using the information on the member’s homepage select the Aadhaar card option
If the information displays a “Verified” written against your Aadhaar number, then your EPF account has been successfully linked to your Aadhaar card. Also, the information has also been verified by UIDAI.
Read amazing content like this on nbaim.org