Mongolians are a nomadic race, and ever since they started traveling around, they’ve been packing lots of clothes to keep themselves warm in their cold, barren country.
In this article, I will be discussing the history of travel to Mongolia and how nomads have always packed tons of clothes!
Detailed Mongolia Travel Tips
When traveling to Mongolia, it is important to be prepared. Here are some detailed travel tips to help you plan your trip:
1. Plan your route in advance. Mongolia is a large country with many different landscapes. Decide which areas you want to see and map out your route accordingly.
2. Allow plenty of time for travel. The distances between places in Mongolia can be vast, so make sure to factor this into your plans.
3. Pack for all weather eventualities. Mongolia’s climate can be extreme, so be sure to pack clothing and supplies for both hot and cold weather conditions.
4. Be aware of the political situation. Mongolia is currently in a period of transition, so it is important to stay up-to-date on the latest news and developments before you travel.
5. Learn some basic Mongolian phrases. Even if you don’t speak the language, learning a few key phrases will help you communicate with locals and make your trip more enjoyable.
What to Pack for the Trip
Assuming you’re traveling in the summer: -Good sunscreen is a must as the sun is very strong in Mongolia and there is little to no shade.
-A hat or scarf to cover your head from the sun is also essential. -Bug spray is also important as there are a lot of mosquitoes in Mongolia, particularly near water.
-If you’re planning on doing any hiking, comfortable shoes are a necessity. -It can get cold at night even in the summer, so pack a light jacket or sweater.
-Bring along any medications you might need as it can be difficult to find certain drugs in Mongolia.
Safety and Security
Mongolia is a relatively safe country to travel to, but there are a few things to keep in mind in terms of safety and security.
Here are some tips: -Be aware of your surroundings at all times, especially in urban areas. -Keep your belongings close to you and don’t leave them unattended in public places.
-Be cautious when using ATMs and only use ones that are located in well-lit, busy areas. – Avoid walking alone at night.
If you must stick to well-lit, busy streets. -Only take licensed taxis and make sure the driver uses the meter. -Make copies of your passport and other important documents before you travel.
Things To Do in Mongolia
-Visit the Genghis Khan Statue Complex -Explore the Khustain Nuruu Nature Reserve -Visit the Gandantegchinlen Monastery
-Experience a traditional Mongolian Naadam festival -Take a camel ride through the Gobi Desert -Visit the Flaming Cliffs of Bayanzag -Stay in a ger (traditional Mongolian yurt)
Mongolia is an amazing country with a rich culture and history. If you are planning a trip to Mongolia, be sure to keep these tips in mind to make the most of your experience.
And don’t forget to pack your sunscreen!