There are many things to take into account while picking a countertop. But due to the popularity of quartz countertops, it’s important to consider whether they are preferable over granite. Unlike granite, quartz is lighter and requires no sealing or upkeep. Additionally, it has a stunning appearance and a range of hues that can completely complement your living area decor.
Please continue reading for our list of benefits of why quartz is the ideal option while you’re thinking about replacing your countertops but need to be made aware of where to begin.
- Sluggish to maintain
Compared to granite, Calacatta Gold Quartz requires more upkeep. In contrast to quartz, an artificial stone that may need specific cleaning and care, granite is a natural stone that may readily preserve. If granite and quartz are used for the same kitchen, compatibility concerns may arise due to the somewhat different hues of the two materials.
- Cleanup is simpler
Granite is more porous than quartz. Thus quartz countertops are simpler to maintain. Additionally, granite is more difficult to clean and needs particular cleaners and maintenance. Further increasing its ability to withstand heat is quartz’s increased heat resistance.
- Not Very Maintenance-Required
Due to its lower care requirements than granite, quartz countertops are popular among homeowners. In comparison to granite, quartz is preferable for five reasons:
- Being Non-Slip Due to their slip resistance, quartz countertops won’t quickly give way when you bump them or put weight on them. In particular, if you have young children, this safety element is crucial.
- They’re Simple to Clean: Using a damp cloth and soap to clean quartz is simpler than cleaning granite, which can be difficult and call for specialized cleaning agents. If necessary, you might also clean quartz with a common cleaner, but you should be careful not to scratch the material.
- They Can Handle Extreme Temperatures: Quartz can withstand extreme temperatures better than granite. Therefore its color will not change even after exposure to intense heat or cold.
- Their Reasonably Priced Granite countertops cost more than Calacatta Gold Quartz, but the latter is less expensive and can last up to ten times as long.
- They Look Great: Quartz seems more contemporary and streamlined than granite, which is why many prefer it.
- Any color you want will do
There are several reasons why quartz countertops are preferable to granite. You can paint quartz any color you want, which is less expensive. It may be costly to prepare granite countertops with acid etching, and granite may not offer all colors. Additionally, granite requires special care; wiping it clean and avoiding water stains could cause staining and wear over time. Lastly, quartz is heat-resistant up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit, allowing it to withstand high-temperature settings in kitchens without fear of being harmed.
- Superior durability to granite
Quartz Granite is considerably simpler and less durable than counters, which makes them an excellent option for kitchens and other places where sturdiness is crucial. In locations with heavy traffic, they are a better option than granite since they can withstand more abrasion. Additionally, quartz is less prone to fading or discoloration over time, making it a more dependable choice in households with kids or animals.
- Some Surfaces Require a Better Option
In some cases, quartz is preferable over granite for surfaces. Quartz is simpler to clean and less likely to age with “cracks” or “crazing.” Additionally, if money is tight, the lower cost of quartz compared to granite can be a significant factor.
- Fix them immediately. If They Suffer Damage
Choosing quartz countertops instead granite has several advantages. Quartz is, first and foremost, far more durable than granite. Moreover, this means that if a Quartz Counter is broken, it can be fixed instead of completely replaced. Quartz is lighter and simpler to install than granite and weighs half as much. In addition, quartz is less likely to scratch or stain than granite, which makes it an excellent option for homes with kids or pets.
- You Have a Wide Range of Options Available to You
Numerous solutions are available if you’re looking for a new countertop. Quartz countertops are one of the most popular options nowadays. Compared to granite countertops, they are significantly less expensive and come in various shapes and colors. Quartz countertops are preferable to granite for the following reasons:
- Granite is more prone to crack or chip than quartz.
- Compared to granite, quartz is simpler to maintain.
- In comparison to granite, quartz needs less upkeep.
There are a few reasons why quartz countertops can be a better option for your kitchen than granite. First of all, quartz is significantly tougher than granite. Therefore it will endure deterioration and use better over time. It also has a very low coefficient of friction, so moving dishes across the countertop doesn’t cause them to stick. Quartz is also environmentally friendly because it doesn’t need any additional maintenance or cleaning. If you still need convincing, consider the following: Nearly always, quartz countertops are less expensive than granite. A Quartz Counter may be ideal if you plan to renovate your kitchen soon.